Welcome from the Chairs
We would like to invite you to the 3rd International Symposium on Frontiers in Molecular Science – RNA regulatory networks, to take place in the vibrant city of Lisbon (Portugal) from 26-28th June 2019. The meeting will analyze the centrality of RNA regulation in biological processes and human disease, and it will constitute an excellent opportunity for the interchange of ideas and presentation of new scientific developments in the field. We aim to discuss the many dimensions of RNA regulation in development and disease, RNA structure-function relationships, the mechanisms by which plasticity is introduced, and the role of RNA in transgenerational communication.
The symposium will also serve as unique platform for the connection between senior scientists and young researchers, and for the solid establishment of future collaborations between research groups. For those new to the field, it is also an opportunity to be introduced to the exciting developments at the forefront of molecular biology.
We expect to accommodate 200 participants with especial emphasis in the involvement of young researchers from the post-graduate to the post-doctoral level.
We look forward to seeing you in Lisbon.
Francisco J. Enguita & John Mattick
Download the conference poster here.
Francisco J Enguita
Dr. Lluis Ribas
IRB Barcelona, Spain
Dr. Baohong Zhang
Centro de Investigaciones Biológicas (CSIC), Spain
Dr. Janusz Blasiak
University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Dr. Alfredo Ciccodicola
CNR, Institute of Genetics and Biophysics “A. Buzzati-Traverso”， Italy
Dr. Pankaj Trivedi
La Sapienza University，Rome, Italy
Dr. Teresa Teresa Capriglione
Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Naples, Italy
Dr. Mateus Webba da Silva
Ulster University, UK
Dr. Rory Johnson
University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Dr. Bin Xue
University of South Florida, USA
Dr. Subbaya Subramanian
University of Minnesota, USA
Dr. George Calin
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, USA
Dr. Rosanna Asselta
Humanitas University, Italy
Dr. Maite Huarte
University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Dr. Anne Catherine Prats
Inserm, Toulouse, France
Dr. Musa Mlhanga
University of Cape Town, South Africa
ncRNAs and infection
Dr. John Mattick
Genomics England, London, UK
Dr. Maite Huarte
CIMA, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
lncRNA and P53 regulatory networks
SessionsS1. RNA regulatory networks in cell, developmental and neural biology
S2. RNA regulatory networks in cancer and other disorders
S3. Regulation of gene expression, epigenetic processes and intergenerational communication
S4. RNA Structure-function relationships and signalling pathways
S5. RNA Editing and modification
The registration fee includes attendance of all conference sessions, morning/afternoon coffee breaks and lunches, conference bag and program book.
Participation to the conference is considered final only once the registration fees have been paid. The number of participants is limited: once the number of paid registrations reaches the maximum number of participants, unpaid registrations will be cancelled.
Please note that, in order to finalize the scientific program in due time, at least one registration by anyone of the authors, denoted as Covering Author, is required to cover the presentation and publication of any accepted abstract. Covering Author registration deadline is 8 May 2019. Your abstract will be withdrawn if your registration is not complete by this date.
Authors with multiple contributions: Please note that one author registration will cover only ONE accepted contribution. Authors presenting more than 1 contribution during the event will be charged 50 euro per additional abstract (e.g., 1 author with 2 abstracts: registration fee + 50 euro; 2 authors with 3 abstracts: 2 registration fees + 50 euro; etc.)
Certificate of Attendance: Upon request, the participants of the event will receive an electronic Certificate of Attendance by email once the event is concluded.
Conference Dinner: A Gala Dinner will be served on Thursday, 27th June. Please note that the conference fee does not include this social event. Therefore, if you plan to attend the dinner, please make sure you select this extra when registering to the conference (Price per person: €30). Other social/networking events to be announced soon!
|Price early||Price normal|
|Student||350.00 EUR||400.00 EUR|
|Post-Docs||400.00 EUR||450.00 EUR|
|PIs & Senior Scientists||450.00 EUR||500.00 EUR|
|Editorial Board Members/Guest Editors of IJMS||400.00 EUR||450.00 EUR|
Cancellation of paid registration is possible under the terms listed below:
> 2 months before the conference
Full refund but 60 EUR are retained for administration
> 1 month before the conference
Refund 50% of the applying fees
> 2 weeks before the conference
Refund 25% of the applying fees
< 2 weeks before the conference
Photographs and/or video will be taken during the conference: By taking part in this event you grant the event organisers full rights to use the images resulting from the photography/video filming, and any reproductions or adaptations of the images for fundraising, publicity or other purposes to help achieve the conference’s aims. This might include (but is not limited to), the right to use them in their printed and online publicity, social media, press releases and funding applications.
Wire transfer, Credit card
Instructions for Authors
The conference "3rd International Symposium on Frontiers in Molecular Science – RNA regulatory networks" will accept abstracts only.
The accepted abstracts will be available online on Sciforum.net during and after the conference. Moreover, participants will have the opportunity to contribute with a full manuscript to the special issue "RNA regulatory networks" in the journal IJMS.
To present your research at the event
- Create an account on Sciforum if you do not have one, then click on ‘New Submission’ on the upper-right corner of the window, or by clicking on ‘Submit Abstract’ at the top of this webpage.
- Indicate what thematic area is best suited for your research.
- Submit an abstract in English - the word limits are: minimum 150 words and maximum 300 words.
- The deadline to submit your abstract is 21 February 2019. You will be notified by 5 April 2019 about the acceptance for poster presentation.
- Upon submission, you can select if you wish to also be considered for oral presentation. Following assessment by the Chairs, you will be notified by 5 April 2019 in a separate email whether your contribution has been accepted for oral presentation.
- Please note that, in order to finalize the scientific program in due time, at least one registration by any of the authors, denoted as Covering Author, is required to cover the presentation and publication of any accepted abstract. Covering Author registration deadline is 8 May 2019. Your abstract will be withdrawn if your registration is not complete by this date.
- Authors with multiple contributions: please note that one author registration will cover only ONE accepted contribution. Authors presenting more than 1 contribution during the event will be charged 50 euro per additional abstract (e.g., 1 author with 2 abstracts: registration fee + 50 euro; 2 authors with 3 abstracts: 2 registration fees + 50 euro; etc.).
Maximum poster size limited to 90 × 140cm, vertical orientation preferred. Please print your poster prior to the conference.
A plan of the poster session will be circulated later on.
Ten posters will be selected prior to the conference by the Scientific Committee, and the authors will have the opportunity to present their poster in a 5-min Flash Presentation during a special session that will take place on the first day of the conference.
The Best Poster Award will be selected and granted to one of these ten flash presentations.
- All accepted abstracts will be available online in Open Access form on Sciforum.net.
- Participants of this conference are cordially invited to contribute with a full manuscript to our Special Issue "RNA regulatory networks" in the journal IJMS.
- The submission deadline for this special issue is 31 December 2019. Conference participants will be granted a 20% discount on the publication fees. Please note that no other institutional discounts will be applicable, except from reviewers’ discount vouchers.
- IJMS is indexed by the Science Citation Index Expanded (Web of Science), MEDLINE (PubMed), and other databases, and has an Impact Factor of 3.687 (2017).
Venue, Travel and Accommodation
The conference will take place in the “Pavilion ofKnowledge ”, a modern building that belongs to the heritage of the Expo98 exhibition, and which harbors a science museum. The venue is located in the northern part of the city of Lisbon, in a modern environment surrounded by hotels, restaurants and attractions as the oceanarium. https://www.pavconhecimento.pt/en/